Come help us change how hotels market themselves. We’re looking for passionate, creative operations engineers who are excited about solving problems and working with some of the latest technology.
As an operations engineer, you will get your hands dirty working with AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and more. You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about what we’re doing and the results of what we do can be seen and experienced by the millions of online travel shoppers. You may have even experienced some of our products and technology already while researching vacations or business travel.
Fundamental to your efforts will be acting and making decisions based on our guiding principles.
We thrive on challenge. We set ambitious but achievable goals and strive to overachieve them. We are passionate. We are competitive. We are not average. We think big. We achieve great things.
We work together. We win together. We dig out from under – together. Our success is based on interdependence. We expect each of us to pull our own weight. We celebrate and reward those of us who most contribute to our success.
We speak up. We challenge each other. We ask why. We have open and honest exchange of ideas. We have constructive and respectful debate.
We are relentless. We achieve our goals through urgent, methodical and focused execution. We never, ever give up because it’s too hard. We are exceptional at what we do because good is not good enough.
We are trustworthy. We always try to do the right thing. It’s the right thing to do. It’s also good business. We earn trust by exceeding expectations and by being honest, transparent and accountable.
- Working as part of the team managing our AWS environments; including setup, management, and troubleshooting
- Working as part of the team to improve our tools that streamline the development lifecycle, including building, testing, integrating, and deploying software artifacts and infrastructure
- Responsible for ensuring our development team can deploy code quickly, reliably, and securely
- Evaluating new technologies and making recommendations on their integration
- Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Take part in resolving escalated customer support incidents
- Analyzing and resolving incidents in a timely manner to minimize downtime to all clients while coordinating and communicating with impacted stakeholders
- Planning and managing assigned activities with an emphasis on quality, deadlines, and budget
- Intermediate experience with AWS
- Intermediate experience working with infrastructure-as-code technologies (Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Solid programming skills and a track record of getting stuff done in Python, Bash, Java, Java Script, AWS CLI
- Intermediate Linux troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate experience with containers and automation tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab
- Strong background in fundamental SaaS environment practices, including: maintaining SLAs, load-balancing, high availability
- Strong background in system management in a SaaS environment, including: operating system patching, networking, SAN, security management/patching
- Ability to use system tools to troubleshoot issues
- Understanding of or experience with monitoring tools
- Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary and be part of an on-call rotation
We want you as part of our team if:
- You believe automation is the only way and can talk for hours why.
- You are not average. You are competitive and passionate. You thrive on challenge and have a proven ability to set ambitious but achievable goals and overachieve them.
- You are a team player. At Leonardo we work together. You will be the type of person that brings that approach to your work. You will have a proven ability to build, grow and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- You have confidence and the presence to interact with senior customer executives and senior leaders within Leonardo.
- You are not afraid to speak up. You act with professionalism and integrity and are skillful at constructive and respectful debate.
- You have strong quantitative skills and excel at the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Deep down, you know DevOps is not a title but a culture.
What’s in it for you?
- Base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continuous training and mentoring for your career
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Flexible full time working hours
- Company mixers, employee discounts, corporate gym membership and more…
Leonardo Work Place Culture
- Being able to wear jeans and work in a fun and relaxed environment where we have company sponsored socials and regular team socials.
- Leonardo offers challenging work, cutting-edge resources, a uniquely collaborative environment, competitive rewards and growth. If you have the drive and determination to succeed this is the one place where you can feel free to challenge yourself, to explore new ideas, and create a career with tremendous impact.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply below. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us.