REACH and Material Declaration
Leonardo's Helicopter Division in the UK has been working in accordance with a number of EU legislative requirements that now require our suppliers to notify our Helicopter Division of their compliance. The EU legislative requirements cover:
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals EC No. 1907/2006. (REACH) (As Amended) http://echa.europa.eu/web/guest/home
- Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment EU No’s 2002/95/EC and 2011/65/EU. (RoHS) http://rohs.eu/
- Basic Safety Standards for the Protection of the Health of Workers and the General Public Against the Dangers Arising from Ionising Radiation European Directive No. 96/29/EUROTOM. www.euratom.org
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemical substances) is the EU regulation for safe chemical use that entered into force on 1st June 2007. Its main aims are “to improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks of chemicals while enhancing the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry”. In the UK, the authority with responsibility for REACH is the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
These obligations, summarised below, affect everyone in the EU supply chain, from importers and manufacturers through to the final point of sale
- Suppliers of articles containing substances on the Candidate List in a concentration above 0.1% w/w have to provide sufficient information to ensure safe use of the article including, as a minimum, the name of the substance.
- Suppliers of substances on the Candidate List must provide a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Suppliers of preparations not classified as dangerous must provide a SDS upon request if the preparation contains a listed substance above 0.1% w/w (0.2% w/w for gaseous preparations).
Please complete the REACH & Material Declaration sheet and spreadsheets (WA4299 V6 Restricted Substance and Radioactive Source Declaration Form.xlsm (Microsoft xls dependent file)) below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restricted Substance and Radioactive Source Declaration Form
Environmental/Sustainable Supply Chain
Leonardo's Helicopter Division in the UK takes environmental performance seriously. We are an ISO14001 approved company and are part of the leading group of suppliers who have signed the MoD's Sustainability Charter. These two requirements mean that Leonardo's Helicopter Division in the UK needs to understand the environmental and ethical performance of its supply base.
In an effort to identify the supply chain carbon footprint and efforts to reduce carbon and energy, Leonardo's Helicopter Division in the UK ask Suppliers about their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Sustainability Policy. Leonardo's Helicopter Division supply chain sustainability performance will reviewed in accordance with three standard measures:
Please complete the Environmental/Sustainable Supply Chain questionnaire below and return to Sustainable_SC.email@example.com.