Leonardo carries out its research within a global network of more than 70 research centres and universities, alongside a growing number of partners, companies and start-ups working together to develop new technological solutions.
This approach fosters shared ideas and fuels new development opportunities for Leonardo. Open Innovation represents an ecosystem that promotes the growth of people’s talent and creativity through the exchange of ideas and innovative collaboration across disciplines – all of which is essential to address future challenges and for:
- Making the most of the company’s own intangible capital and promoting excellence through innovation contests aimed at employees
- Creating new products, solutions and innovative business models for sustainable progress
- Promoting a cross-discipline approach, shared knowledge and dual use of Leonardo’s solutions
- Attracting new talent to face the challenges of the future and to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Accelerating projects and initiatives through the Leonardo Labs
- Reducing the time-to-market for new products and solutions.