Leonardo, a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sector, develops multi-domain integrated technologies that effectively meet the needs of every mission. Multi-role and net-centric observation, evaluation, command and control, and intervention capabilities are key to ensuring operational superiority in every domain (Air, Land, Sea, Space and Cyber).
- More than 1,000 air defence and surveillance radars in 58 countries
- Air traffic control systems at 200 airports across 110 countries
- 43 ports in 6 countries equipped with maritime traffic control systems
- 4,300 helicopters in 130 countries
- 1,400 customers
- 90 Technical Support Centres and 5 Training Academies
- 156 simulators and training devices
- More than 7,000 aircraft produced, including 2,000 trainers sold in more than 40 countries
- 680 Eurofighters ordered by 9 countries
- More than 1,200 aircraft operating from approximately 50 sites/bases
- Each year the Global Security Operation Centre (SOC) monitors more than 5 million indicators of compromise
- >137,000 security events monitored per second by the Global Security Operation Centre (SOC)
- 200 control rooms and over 50,000 terminals managed to provide secure communications for Italian police forces
- The world's most powerful operational hyperspectral instrument on board the ASI PRISMA satellite
- More than 1.2 million radar images acquired by the COSMO-SkyMed constellation developed by ASI in cooperation with the Italian Ministry of Defence
- More than 50% of the living space of the International Space Station developed by Thales Alenia Space
- Unmanned systems operating in 27 countries worldwide
- 825 unmanned systems, including 125 surveillance aircraft and 700 target drones, delivered worldwide
- Through ATR, more than 1,700 aircraft sold to approximately 200 airlines in 100 countries
- More than 1,100 Boeing 787 fuselage sections produced
- More than 2,000 Airbus A321 fuselage sections produced
- Baggage handling systems at 28 airports worldwide, with traffic of around 800 million passengers per year
- Mail sorting systems in 7 countries and over 23,000 metres of sorters installed
Customer Support, Services & Training
Customer Support, Services & Training (CSS&T) ensures business continuity and training 24/7, worldwide. Simulation systems and Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) learning environments represent the most advanced technology to train pilots, technicians and maintainers.
Main Shareholdings and Joint Ventures
Leonardo UK Helicopters / Defence Electronics (100%)
Development and production of civil and military helicopters, electronic systems and cyber solutions in the defence and security field.
Leonardo DRS Defence electronics (80,9%)
Design, development and manufacture of integrated products, services and support for military forces, intelligence agencies, and leading defence contractors around the world.
PZL Świdnik Helicopters (100%)
Design, development and production of helicopters.
Kopter Helicopters (100%)
Development of a new generation of light helicopters with advanced hybrid/electric propulsion technologies.
Telespazio Satellite services (67%)
Design and development of space systems, management of launch services, orbit and ground segment satellite control; Earth observation services, integrated communications, satellite navigation and localisation, scientific programmes.
Thales Alenia Space Satellite production (33%)
Design, development and production of dual-satellite systems for telecommunications, environmental and terrestrial climate monitoring, defence and security, scientific exploration and research, and space infrastructure.
MBDA Defence systems (25%)
Design, development and production of missiles and missile systems for all types of platforms and for the main market sectors.
Hensoldt Defence electronics (25.1%)
Leading manufacturer of sensors for defence and security applications.
Avio Space propulsion (29.63%)
Design, development, production and integration of space launchers and of solid and liquid fuel propulsion systems for tactical missiles, space launchers and satellites.
ATR Regional turboprop aircraft (50%)
Leader in the production of regional turboprop aircraft for passenger transport, special missions and cargo.
Elettronica Defence electronics (31.33%)
Design, development and production of strategic surveillance, self-defence and electronic attack systems for naval, air and land armed and government forces, internationally.
Larimart Defence electronics (60%)
Design and development of telecommunications solutions in the Defence, Security and Emergency fields.
Leonardo Global Solutions Services (100%)
Leonardo’s Service Provider, it operates as Procurement Competence Center, Global Real Estate Provider, Business and People Care Services Manager, and Environmental Risk Manager, supporting business in Italy and abroad.
Leonardo International Commercial Co-ordination (100%)
Supervision of shareholdings in companies present in international markets (excluding UK, Poland and the USA) and commercially relevant, with the aim of harmonising operating standards with those of the parent company and providing support in terms of planning and management control.
Leonardo Logistics Logistics (100%)
Industrial logistics services, optimised transport management and service provider of standard materials, integrated by specialised engineering and Advanced Logistics 4.0 solutions, with digitisation and technological innovation for integrated and sustainable logistics.
Multi-role fighter born from a collaborative project of the defence industries of Italy, the UK, Germany and Spain.
A new generation network-enabled fighter with stealth features.
Europe's largest helicopter programme, developed to meet the needs of military operators worldwide, with dedicated mission systems for land and naval operations.
The most important naval military programme ever developed at European level, carried out in cooperation between France and Italy.
A next generation ‘system of systems’ to meet the future combat air challenges of the future.
Medium-altitude, long-range remotely piloted aircraft for global ISTAR (Intelligence,
Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Reconnaissance) missions.
Research project for development of a new generation tiltrotor, equipped with new technologies and a new aircraft architecture permitting a 50% reduction in CO2 emissions.
European research programme for transforming air traffic management and making it more modular, automated, interoperable and focused on the flow of flights.