The company’s single supplier register is managed and supervised by Leonardo Global Solutions for the entire Group. It manages the supplier lifecycle, from prospective candidacy to supplier pre-qualification and qualification through to the subsequent stages of performance assessment.
How the supplier qualification process works:
- Prospective candidacy: This involves inclusion in a list of potential suppliers which may be invited to participate in negotiations with Leonardo. After submitting a prospective candidacy form, the potential supplier will be asked to respond to a questionnaire covering the specific categories of merchandise offered. Leonardo may periodically request an update.
- Pre-qualification: Becoming a pre-qualified supplier is an essential step to participate in negotiations with Leonardo. This process assesses ethical and legal requirements (including anti-bribery measures, ownership structure/final beneficiaries, etc.) and economic-financial requirements. It is overseen by Leonardo Global Solutions’ Procurement Department. If these requirements are not met and/or the risks emerging during the pre-qualification process cannot be mitigated, the candidate will not become a Leonardo supplier.
- Qualification: Suppliers must be qualified by a Leonardo Division or Group Company before any contract can be signed or a purchase order issued. This process involves assessment of the supplier’s ability to meet technical, organisational and production requirements, and the qualification process is overseen by the Divisions’ Procurement Departments and/or Quality Systems.
The requirements for supplier pre-qualification are checked every two years, or whenever there are significant changes. If the requirements are no longer met, the supplier’s pre-qualification will be revoked. In the case of pre-qualification with reservations, verification will take place every year.
If risk factors are identified (including risks relating to shareholding structure), the Security organisational unit will be asked to conduct a reputational analysis.
Supplier onboarding is supervised by Leonardo Group Internal Audit, which conducts annual audits, checking compliance with procedures as part of its annual Audit Plan. Leonardo updates and reviews the related procedures periodically, considering the results of completed audits.
All potential suppliers presenting a prospective candidacy will be asked to specify the category or categories of goods and services their business supplies, according to the categories identified by Leonardo Global Solutions.
To help suppliers select the most appropriate category of goods and services, view the entire Leonardo Global Solutions tree of categories.
For assistance using prospective candidacy and supplier qualification tools, contact Leonardo’s helpdesk service through the following channels:
- email email@example.com
- toll-free telephone number 800 591122 (within Italy only) available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
- telephone +39 06 54641514 (also valid for international calls) available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm